Sunday, January 9, 2011

Leaning on a Trolley in a Supermarket

Leaning on a Trolley At The Supermarket

Time for some quiet introspection,
Why does money flow out, more than in?
I stand in the queue, in reflection

Of this week’s provisions selection,
Seems I fell for display-product spin.
Time for some quiet introspection.

A woman at one intersection
Gave out cake (I was first in).
I stand in the queue, in reflection

Of that dreamy and creamy confection –
It could fairly be labelled as Sin.
Time for some quiet introspection.

The woman in front of this section
Has loudly forgotten her PIN.
She’s trying every number connection –    

As we wait while they call in Admin,
Why don’t they do BOGOFFs on gin?
Time for some quite introspection.
I stand in the queue, in reflection.


© Frances O’Keeffe